Arnold Motor Supply
E.P. Arnold, who saw a future in the automobile parts industry, started Arnold Motor Supply in 1927. As he watched the popularity of the automobile increase, he knew that there would be a market for replacement parts. Although he did not know much about automobiles, Mr. Arnold built a box for the back of a 1927 Chevrolet, and some mechanic friends helped him select about $65 worth of parts that garages would need. He tacked up a price list and traveled town to town in Northwest Iowa. Thus, with $300 savings and a $200 loan, our company was born. In 1929, Mr. Arnold expanded the operation by purchasing a piston grinder. In 1931, he opened the first branch auto parts store in Marshall, Minnesota with Paul Byers as his first partner and branch manager. In that same year, the Spencer fire destroyed the original store which was promptly rebuilt. Despite advice from bankers and warning of the shaky retail environment Mr. Arnold opened his third store in Sheldon in 1932.
The goal of The Arnold Group of Companies is built upon the concept of increasing sales and profits through training, marketing, and improving the operational efficiencies of ourselves and our customers. Because people still buy from people, we strive to set our team apart from those of our competition just as Mr. Arnold did from the beginning. We continually make an investment in our people so that they are the best that they can be. As Mr. Arnold was fond of stating, “our responsibility is first to our customers, the sole reason for our existence.” This attitude is the cornerstone of our constitution on customer service, the sincere belief that “service is the difference”.